Writing for the Web and Social Media – 1 Day Copywriting Training Course
Do you believe that your website and social media could be closing more business for you, but you’re not quite sure how to make it happen? Do you sometimes wonder if people reading about you online really understand what differentiates you from your competition? Copywriting training might be what you need.
If so, you’ve come to the right place! As more of your marketing activity goes online, the need to develop highly effective content for websites and social media becomes ever more pressing.
Copywriting training for the web and social media
This course, delivered in Birmingham, will give you a tried and tested structure to bring immediate and measurable improvements to your business communications. It will help you to generate new content ideas, use “benefit” focused language to encourage clients to work with you, and make your content more search engine friendly.
Ultimately it’s all about making your customers sure about the benefits you offer them and making it obvious why they need to do business with you.
Your trainer for this course is Andrew Lloyd Gordon.
On completion of this Content Development course you will be able to:
- Understand what we mean by content and why we need to focus on it
- Know what makes effective content and how to make it work for you
- Unlock the treasure trove of success stories hidden in your business
- Understand how to use content to improve your search engine rankings
- Become a confident, online communicator
- Manage your online communication schedule
- Understand how to measure improvements in your online performance
Defining a Content Development Plan
- Understanding what your customers want
- Auditing your existing assets. What successes, war stories, photographs or videos do you already have?
- What are your objectives developing and using content?
- What resources are required to make it happen?
- Getting vistors to stay and look. Formatting your copy for readability and interest
- Generating leads and sales. What’s the customer’s priority and defining calls to action
- Structuring your content. Static, pages, dynamic pages and landing pages
Search Engine Optimisation – Getting ranked in Google and attracting click throughs
- Effective page copy
- Using page titles and meta page descriptions to stand out from the crowd
- How to write for different platforms
- The role of visuals
- Repeat, reuse and reformat – maximising the value of your content
Managing content development
- Defining your editorial schedule
- Using tools to manage your output
- Measuring the effectiveness of your content
Prior to attending this Content Development course delegates should have:
- An understanding of the web
- An understanding of social media
“Andrew is very down to earth, approachable and open to alternative suggestions and input from delegates. Good stuff.”
“Outstanding, motivational presentation by Andrew Gordon who is passionate about his subject.”
“Andrew was excellent, very clear with great course content.”
“Andrew was excellent in terms of his explanations and knowledge. He handled a very knowledgeable audience with lots of questions really well.”
Will I receive any certification after completing the course?
A certificate as proof of your attendance on the course is available on request.
Is lunch provided?
Yes. Lunch is provided, together with tea, coffee, and refreshments throughout the day.
How many other attendees will there be?
Our courses are designed to create an intimate learning environment to enable one-to-one time with the trainer and healthy discourse amongst all in attendance. The average number of attendees per course is six.
Is there anything I need to bring with me?
We recommend bringing a laptop or tablet with you to follow along with live examples and log-on to various platforms.
Is WiFi available during the course?
Yes, free WiFi is available at all our training venues.
Will I receive copies of the course material?
Yes. All delegates receive copies of training materials, supporting notes and URL links.
Do I have to wear business attire?
No, there is no dress code. You can expect a relaxed learning environment.
What communications can I expect to receive prior to the course start date?
You will receive an email about a week prior to your course date confirming location, travel directions, and all the final details for the course.
What resources are available to me after completing the course?
In addition to the comprehensive course material provided to all delegates, you have the opportunity to continue working with our experts as consultants or coaches following the course.