This website is managed by the National B2B Centre Limited.
We have a legal duty to protect any information we collect from you, both on and offline. We use leading technologies and encryption software to safeguard your data, and keep strict security standards to prevent any unauthorised access to it. It will not be disclosed to any other organisations unless you give explicit permission, or there is a legal obligation to do so.
Depending on which site facilities you use, we collect several different types of information:
- Information that you provide for communicating with you by email, post and telephone to send you our newsletter, event information, surveys and other promotions, where necessary.
- Transitory information – which you provide to enable us to give you appropriate information.
- Stored information – which you provide to enable you to logon and reuse site facilities.
- Industry-standard PHP encryption software when processing sensitive information such as usernames and passwords, to safeguard your data. We keep to strict security standards to prevent any unauthorised access to your details.
We collect usage from a number of sources: –
- Our web server.
- URLs passed to us when you enter our site.
- Data entered by you on forms on the website.
- A selection of Search Engine Companies.
- In all cases, website usage information excludes any information that can be traced back to you, so is non-personal in the meaning of the Data Protection Act.
We do not store credit card details nor will we share your details with any 3rd parties.
Use of your information
We collect website usage to: –
- Help us assess the effectiveness of marketing campaigns
- Help us improve the usage of the website
- Improve the design of the website and make it more usable for you.
We use IP addresses to analyse trends, track users’ movement, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information.
Disclosures of your information
Your information will not be passed to any other organisations. It will only be used by the National B2B Centre unless you give permission for another organisation to share it, in which case we would contact you first. We will not disclose your email address in any communications sent to multiple email addresses. Your data will be kept confidential by any suppliers that process data on our behalf.
Cookies are used by the website when a user opts to save their log in details. This is then stored on the users computer for re-visits to the site. This cookie is used to simplify the log in process for members.
Your rights as a data subject
As a data subject whose personal information we hold, you have certain rights. If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or use the information supplied on the Contact Us page of this website. In order to process your request, we will ask you to provide two valid forms of identification for verification purposes. Your rights are as follows:
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
You may request a copy of the personal data we hold about you free of charge. Once we have verified your identity and, if relevant, the authority of any third-party requestor, we will provide access to the personal data we hold about you.
If requests are frivolous or vexatious, we reserve the right to refuse them. If answering requests is likely to require additional time or occasions unreasonable expense (which you may have to meet), we will inform you.
- The right to rectification
When you believe we hold inaccurate or incomplete personal information about you, you may exercise your right to correct or complete this data.
- The right to erasure (the ‘right to be forgotten’)
Where no overriding legal basis or legitimate reason continues to exist for processing personal data, you may request that we delete the personal data. We will take all reasonable steps to ensure erasure.
- The right to restrict processing
You may ask us to stop processing your personal data. We will still hold the data, but will not process it any further.
- The right to data portability
You may request your set of personal data be transferred to another controller or processor, provided in a commonly used and machine-readable format. This right is only available if the original processing was on the basis of consent, the processing is by automated means and if the processing is based on the fulfilment of a contractual obligation.
- The right to object
You have the right to object to our processing of your data where
- Processing is based on legitimate interest
- Processing is for the purpose of direct marketing
- Processing is for the purposes of scientific or historic researc
- Processing involves automated decision-making and profiling.
Changes to this policy
This statement was last updated on 22nd May 2018.