This website is managed by the National B2B Centre Limited.
Changes to this policy
The Data Protection Act
Under the terms of the Data Protection Act 1998, we have a legal duty to protect any information we collect from you, both on and offline. We use leading technologies and encryption software to safeguard your data, and keep strict security standards to prevent any unauthorised access to it. It will not be disclosed to any other organisations unless you give explicit permission, or there is a legal obligation to do so.
Depending on which site facilities you use, we collect several different types of information:
- Information that you provide for communicating with you by email, post and telephone to send you our newsletter, event information, surveys and other promotions, where necessary.
- Transitory information – which you provide to enable us to give you appropriate information.
- Stored information – which you provide to enable you to logon and reuse site facilities.
- Industry-standard PHP encryption software when processing sensitive information such as usernames and passwords, to safeguard your data. We keep to strict security standards to prevent any unauthorised access to your details.
We collect usage from a number of sources: –
- Our web server.
- URLs passed to us when you enter our site.
- Data entered by you on forms on the website.
- A selection of Search Engine Companies.
- In all cases, website usage information excludes any information that can be traced back to you, so is non-personal in the meaning of the Data Protection Act.
We do not store credit card details nor do we share customer details with any 3rd parties.
Use of your information
We collect website usage to: –
- Help us assess the effectiveness of marketing campaigns
- Help us improve the usage of the website
- Improve the design of the website and make it more usable for you.
We use IP addresses to analyse trends, track users’ movement, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information.
Disclosures of your information
Your information will not be passed to any other organisations. It will only be used by the National B2B Centre unless you give permission for another organisation to share it, in which case we would contact you first. We will not disclose your email address in any communications sent to multiple email addresses. Your data will be kept confidential by any suppliers that process data on our behalf.
Cookies are used by the website when a user opts to save their log in details. This is then stored on the users computer for re-visits to the site. This cookie is used to simplify the log in process for members.
You have a right to access the personal data that is held about you. To obtain a copy of the information the National B2B Centre holds, please write to us at: The National B2B Centre, Forward House, 17 High Street, Henley-in-Arden B95 5AA enclosing your postal details and a cheque for £10 payable to the The National B2B Centre Ltd.