Agile Project Management – 1 Day Agile Training Course
|Please contact us for dates, venues and prices|
Put simply, Agile Project Management works. The Agile approach is being applied across thousands of public and private sector organisations, across the world, as a way to drive change, increase efficiency and transform innovation. Our Agile project management training course shows you how.
The challenge for managers is not only in understanding Agile Project Management but how to apply it quickly and effectively.
Agile project management training in Birmingham
This in-depth Agile project management training course, delivered in Birmingham, explores the drivers, business value and practices of Agile Project Management. Using a highly interactive and enjoyable workshop format, this programme will help you better understand how Agile works. You will be given simple and practical ways of bringing Agile into the DNA of your organisation and how to use it to create, and sustain, effective agility.
Your trainer for this course is Andrew Lloyd Gordon.
By the end of this Agile project management training course in Birmingham, you will:
- Recognise how Agile enables you to delight your customers
- Understand how Agile allows good decisions to be made quickly
- Learn how Agile ensures effective communications and enhances productivity
- Appreciate how quality is built into Agile
- Be familiar with the key Agile project management methods, tools and techniques
- Know how to introduce Agile into your organisation
Introduction to Agile Project Management
- Agile principles: The key concepts of Agile Project Management
- Agile management frameworks: The different forms of Agile, including Scrum and Kanban
- The Value of Agile: Understand the differences between Agile and other PM approaches
- Incremental delivery: The rationale and processes for iterative, incremental delivery
Choose Your Agile Approach
- Agile PM benefits: The key advantages Agile approach
- Agile PM challenges: The weaknesses of Agile PM
- Choosing the right approach: Learn how to choose between Agile and other PM approaches
- Getting buy-in: How to explain Agile to others and persuade both senior and junior team members to engage with it
Agile Project Management Implementation
- Customer-centricity: The power of the User story
- Collaboration & feedback: Incorporate continual feedback to the customer
- Self-empowered teams: Understand how self-organised teams work together
- Team skillsets: Building your first Agile team
- Starting with Agile: How to make the switch to Agile PM
- An Introduction to Scrum: An overview of this powerful process
- The Scrum Methodology: The phases of Scrum
- Scrum Roles: The roles responsibilities of each team member during the Scrum
- Creating User Stories: What User Stories are and how to use
- Effort Estimation: Bringing the team to a consensus on task effort
- Sprint planning: Planning the Sprint for greatest effect
- The Daily Shout: Keeping daily stand-up meetings short and productive
- Showcases: Demonstrating value at the Sprint end
- Retrospectives: Ideas on how to make Retrospectives be a springboard for innovation
- Scrum Artefacts: The Master Story List, Product Backlogs with example templates
- Visual Workplace: Using Inception Decks, Burndown Charts and other visual tools to track progress
Agile Project Governance
- Agile governance: Customer, Product Owner and Scrum Master working together
- Communication Planning: Building clear channels of communication, gathering requirements and progress reporting
- Managing Risk: Simple methods to identify, manage and communicate risks
Agile Project Management Quality Control
- How to Test: How Agile teams test and what is ‘Considered Done’
- Planning Tests: Ways to build Quality Control into the Sprint
- Public and private case studies of organisations successfully implementing Agile Project Management
Hands On Exercises
- Practical skills: Try out Agile Project Management in realistic simulations that develop your understanding, skills and confidence
Suitable for those with no prior knowledge of Agile. The programme is designed for managers and team leaders who are evaluating Agile as a replacement for, or as an addition to, their current work processes.
“I attended the workshop ran by Andrew and have to say it was one of the best training sessions I have ever been to. Interesting and informative, Andrew had taken the time to really understand our company and the mix of presentation and interactive elements enabled me to both understand the theory and how it can be applied to my work.”
“I attended this workshop where Andrew was the trainer. He was engaging, fun and knowledgeable and provided valuable information and practical insight. This was possibly one of the best courses I’ve ever done.”
Performance Review Institute
“With a great deal of topics to cover; the way in which Andrew delivered the course content was easy to digest, inspiring and interactive. Andrew is a motivating and incredibly knowledgeable lecturer; I would gladly sign up to any future courses he is involved in.”
Will I receive any certification after completing the course?
A certificate as proof of your attendance on the course is available on request.
Is lunch provided?
Yes. Lunch is provided, together with tea, coffee, and refreshments throughout the day.
How many other attendees will there be?
Our courses are designed to create an intimate learning environment to enable one-to-one time with the trainer and healthy discourse amongst all in attendance. The average number of attendees per course is six.
Is there anything I need to bring with me?
We recommend bringing a laptop or tablet with you to follow along with live examples and log-on to various platforms.
Is WiFi available during the course?
Yes, free WiFi is available at all our training venues.
Will I receive copies of the course material?
Yes. All delegates receive copies of training materials, supporting notes and URL links.
Do I have to wear business attire?
No, there is no dress code. You can expect a relaxed learning environment.
What communications can I expect to receive prior to the course start date?
You will receive an email about a week prior to your course date confirming location, travel directions, and all the final details for the course.
What resources are available to me after completing the course?
In addition to the comprehensive course material provided to all delegates, you have the opportunity to continue working with our experts as consultants or coaches following the course.