SharePoint, OneDrive and Office 365 training – 1 Day Training Course
|14 September (9.30am - 4.30pm)||Henley-in-Arden||
You are familiar with ”traditional” Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook). You are probably aware that Office 365 offers the latest versions of this software, and also includes Cloud-based services such as SharePoint and OneDrive. But what exactly are these services and what benefits could Office 365 training bring to your business?
Office 365 training course in Birmingham
This one-day training course will explain SharePoint, OneDrive and Office 365 for Business and reveal how to exploit them to enhance your productivity.
You will discover facilities to securely back up your data to the Cloud; tools to ensure the most up-to-date version of your documents, spreadsheets and presentations are available on all your devices (Windows, Mac, iOS and Android) anytime, anywhere; and learn the most efficient and effective ways to work collaboratively with colleagues and partners.
Using a combination of presentations, demonstrations and hands-on training this comprehensive course provides everything you need to start exploiting the power of Office 365 in your business.
BRING YOUR OWN DEVICES – laptops, tablets and smartphones – to experience the power of Office 365 first hand during the day. Every participant will also have access to a free 30-day trial of Office 365 for Business following the course.
Your trainer for this course is Martin King-Turner.
On completion of this Office 365 training course in Birmingham, you will:
- Understand Office 365 for Business and the Cloud-based services it includes
- Know how Office 365 can benefit your business
- Be able to compare Office 365 with Google Drive and Dropbox
- Be able to evaluate the security of Office 365
- Understand how Office 365 enables mobile working across multiple devices
- Experience Office 365 hands-on on your own devices
- Have access to a free 30-day trial of Office 365 for Business
Office 365 and Cloud Overview
- What is Office 365?
- What is the Cloud and what Cloud services are included in Office 365 for Business?
- Office 365 security
- Office 365 v. Google Drive v. Dropbox
Setting up Office 365 (including Hands-On)
- Setting up your Office 365 account
- Finding your way around Office 365
- Office 365 Desktop and Web Apps
Cloud Storage with Office 365 (including Hands-On)
- OneDrive for Business
- File synchronisation
Working with Multiple Devices (including Hands-On)
- Office 365 on desktops and laptops (Windows & Mac)
- Office 365 on mobile devices (iOS, Android & Windows)
- Working across multiple devices and platforms
Collaborative Working (including Hands-On)
- Team Site and Libraries
- Working with colleagues
- Collaborating with people outside your business
- Real time co-authoring of documents, spreadsheets and presentations
- Document version control
Other Office 365 Applications (including Hands-On)
- Shared Calendars
- Skype for Business
- Taking advantage of Office 365 in your own business
This Office 365 training course is aimed at business owners, directors and managers seeking to understand and gain maximum value from Office 365.
Prior to attending this course delegates should have:
- A basic familiarity with Microsoft Office 2007, 2010 or 2013.
“Informative and well planned. Gave a good insight into what we wanted to do with SharePoint and OneDrive.”
Geotechnical Engineering Ltd
“Very well run and very useful. Good flexibility to ensure the group got answers to their questions.”
Will I receive any certification after completing the course?
A certificate as proof of your attendance on the course is available on request.
Is lunch provided?
Yes. Lunch is provided, together with tea, coffee, and refreshments throughout the day.
How many other attendees will there be?
Our courses are designed to create an intimate learning environment to enable one-to-one time with the trainer and healthy discourse amongst all in attendance. The average number of attendees per course is six.
Is there anything I need to bring with me?
We recommend bringing a laptop or tablet with you to follow along with live examples and log-on to various platforms.
Is WiFi available during the course?
Yes, free WiFi is available at all our training venues.
Will I receive copies of the course material?
Yes. All delegates receive copies of training materials, supporting notes and URL links.
Do I have to wear business attire?
No, there is no dress code. You can expect a relaxed learning environment.
What communications can I expect to receive prior to the course start date?
You will receive an email about a week prior to your course date confirming location, travel directions, and all the final details for the course.
What resources are available to me after completing the course?
In addition to the comprehensive course material provided to all delegates, you have the opportunity to continue working with our experts as consultants or coaches following the course.