e-Business is the term used to describe the information systems and applications that support and drive business processes, most often using web technologies.
e-Business allows companies to link their internal and external processes more efficiently and effectively, and work more closely with suppliers and partners to better satisfy the needs and expectations of their customers, leading to improvements in overall business performance.
While a website is one of the most common implementations, e-Business is much more than just a web presence. There are a vast array of internet technologies all designed to help businesses work smarter not harder. Think about collaboration tools, mobile and wireless technology, Customer Relationship Management and social media to name a few.
Lots of Solutions
Every business can benefit in some way from using e-Business. Simple, low cost or free technology is available to help you:
- Improve external product promotion and internal communication through effective e-marketing.
- Increase sales through effective deployment of e-commerce technologies.
- Streamline business processes with integrated back office systems.
- Reduce communication and travel costs using online meeting tools and shared workspaces.
- Maximise lead conversion by using CRM (Customer Relationship Management) systems to track and monitor interactions with prospects and clients.
- Improve supplier relations and productivity through collaborative tools and workspaces.
- Benefit from licence-free open source software alternatives to proprietary software.
So whether you’re already up and running with an e-commerce site, communicating across the globe with customers, or simply using email to broadcast product news and information, there is an e-Business application that can be used to further improve your company’s performance.
The National B2B Centre
The National B2B Centre helps businesses improve their performance – increasing the efficiency and effectiveness of companies’ operations and business processes – through e-Business.
e-Business Help and Training
Take a look at our training courses if you believe that e-business could be the key that unlocks the potential of your business.
If you aren’t certain how e-Business could best be used or what is required, then send us an email or just give us a call on 02476 620158. Our advice and consultancy is entirely independent.
There are a variety of e-business related articles in the B2B Centre blog to help you develop your thinking on how technology can make a difference to what you do.